Summer is almost here, and it’s the perfect time to use those extra daylight hours to work on outdoor projects for your home. Spruce up your curb appeal by adding touches that reflect your personality and style!
Below are ten simple ways to add curb appeal to your home. Click each topic to see a video with simple instructions to help make your projects successful.
- Give your mailbox a makeover – Try painting or replacing your mailbox to match the exterior of your home. If your mailbox is already up to par, try freshening up the wooden base by applying a wood stain. Another great option is adding a small flowerbed at the base for some extra color.
- Try a front door facelift – Consider painting or staining your front door to give it a fresh new look. Now is an excellent time to make a bold color choice that will help your home stand out.
- Clean the exterior of your home – Most hardware and home improvement stores rent pressure washers, or you can hire someone to pressure-wash the exterior of your house. Removing all the mold, mildew, and pollen that build up on vinyl siding, sidewalks, and porches can make a world of difference to the look of your home.
- Camouflage the appliances – Hiding your air conditioning unit and trash cans in a small shed or building a lattice to keep them out of view are some great options for masking items that may detract from your home’s appeal. You might also consider planting tall plants or shrubs around outdoor appliances to keep them out of sight.
- Go for a front-porch facelift – A clean and cozy front porch sets the mood for the rest of your home. If you have a porch or sitting area, add a couple of chairs and a side table to make it more welcoming.
- Add some color –Don’t let bright colors intimidate you! Add some boldly colored flowers in with your shrubbery to make your flowerbeds pop. Color can also direct attention to a certain area while pulling it away from another. So, if you have an area of your yard that you don’t want to be a focus, try adding brightly colored flowers to a different area.
- Keep up with your lawn care – It may seem simple, but basic lawn care and a well-kept yard can add significant value to your home’s curb appeal. Make sure to keep your lawn and shrubbery well-manicured and water your plants and flowers to keep them lively.
- Install new house numbers – If your house has old or faded numbers on it, purchase new ones to enhance curb appeal. Try to match the numbers with the exterior trim and fixtures of your home.
- Clean your windows – Make sure your windows are sparkling clean so the summer sun can shine through and add natural lighting to your home. If windows are difficult to reach, it might be beneficial to hire someone to clean them.
- Plant a tree – A tree by your entrance is so welcoming! Be sure to choose a tree that is appropriate for your climate and weather conditions.
Whether you are looking to purchase a new home or refinance, I’d love to speak with you about your financing options. Give me a call today to set up an appointment.